Welcome to the conference website.
The Second All-Ireland Research Conference on Immersion Education – Immersion Education: Opportunities and Best Practices will take place in Mary Immaculate College, Limerick, Ireland from 18-19 May 2018. The conference is organised in conjunction with:
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- An Chomhairle um Oideachas Gaeltachta agus Gaelscolaíochta
- Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Foras na Gaeilge
- Comhairle na Gaelscolaíochta.
At the conference, key issues in immersion education will be explored under the following strands:
- Linking Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Immersion
- School Self-Evaluation, Leadership and Educator Development
- Navigating Policy and Innovation in Bilingual/Multilingual Communities.
This Second All-Ireland Research Conference on Immersion Education will provide opportunities for academics, practitioners and professionals to exchange and discuss new directions and research in the ever-evolving field of immersion education.
This website provides you with information about the various aspects of the conference.
Registration is now open.
We look forward to meeting you here at the conference in May.
Dr. T.J. Ó Ceallaigh
Department of Language and Literacy Education,
Mary Immaculate College,